Monday, January 4, 2016

04/01/2016

Hey Guys!

Well, this week was great. We started the week wanting to get more working hours which meant we tried to work very hard straight from the start. On Tuesday we had a great day looking people up and making sure to try to find a lot of potentials which was great fun. It gave me and Elder Shaw a lot of time to talk and get to know each other. We really got to talk a lot about what it means to be a missionary and ways in which we could improve. 

On Wednesday we had a lesson with our favorite investigator Timo and it was awesome!!!! He committed to baptism on the 23rd of January which is AWESOME!!!!. I get to see one of my best friends get baptized!!! He´s such a great example of someone who is ready to live the gospel and who is trying his hardest to be better.

On Thursday we had a crazy night full of bangs outside our window and it was so much fun to see how crazy the Dutch people get. It was also great to spend that time getting the area book organised and making goals for this year. I feel like we now have good direction and we´ll be able to work a lot better.  

Then This Sunday I had a great epiphany. As everyone was doing their thing I realised how much I love this ward. I came to this ward at a time where it was having a hard time and over the last two and a half transfers I´ve been able to see it grow and develop. I realised that Den Bosch is my Baby City because it´s the city where I first served but I realise that it is also my baby city, the city that I´ve tried my hardest to make better and that I´ve put a lot of work into. I love this area, despite how hard it was in the beginning, and I´m so glad that I got to work here. Whenever I leave this area, I know that I´m going to miss it a lot. It has been such a growing experience for me. I love this work and I´m so glad I got to see it flourish here in Den Bosch.
Loves Elder Serra

Some pictures and comments form Elder Shaw with his permission... again... since Elder Serra doesn't send photos!!! Glad to have found Elder Shaw's Blog!! (Elder Serra's mum)


Well, I tried to take a picture of the intense fireworks, but you can´t really tell just how nuts they are. Last year in Haarlem was even better, though (Elder Shaw). 

This is how Elder Serra did the dishes when we were required to stay in on New Year's Eve (Elder Shaw).

I seriously can´t get enough fun pictures of this kid!!!(Elder Shaw) 



No comments:

Post a Comment