Monday, March 28, 2016

Hey Guys!!!!!!!

Well, this week has been great, it's been pretty exciting. So it started on Monday when we had a zone p-day in Antwerp which was great because I got to meet the whole zone who all seem awesome! We also ended up talking to a guy on the way back who was pretty interested so we got to set up an appointment with him for this next week. 

On Tuesday we had Zone Conference which actually ended up taking up most of the day but it was a pretty great way of spending the day. I really learned a lot from the Zone Leaders. It actually got me thinking a lot about goals and how I've been going about setting goals for my mission. I realized that I've been going through my mission without a specific goal or goals. I have my purpose and I strive hard to accomplish it but I realized that I wanted more things to come out from my mission than just the accomplishing of my purpose because although that is the minimum we should do as missionaries, I feel like he expects us to improve beyond that. Like Pres. Ballard said “I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life.”. And so I've decided to try to do that. To come up with so some goals for my mission and try to go further than just the minimum.

On Wednesday we had few appointments fall through but no worries, because we taught a lesson in Arabic! Now, just so you don't assume that the gift of tongues works better in me and Elder Leigh, you have to know that we just had them read the pamphlet and somehow got out of there with a commitment to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. However, it was a pretty funny experience for us.

Thursday and Friday were just normal working days. Saturday we went on splits with 2 members and taught a few lessons. I went to teach to of our investigators who both come from the Philippine and guess what?! We got to baptismal dates so were really great and said they would be willing to make the goal to get baptized. So that just brightened our day right up. 

On Sunday we also had a pretty normal day. We were expecting a few investigators but they didn't come which sucked. However, both of the Philippine investigators said yes to coming next week so hopefully we'll see them then.

Loves,
Elder Serra

No comments:

Post a Comment