Saturday, February 6, 2016

Hey Famalam!

Well, this week has been great! We found a new investigator that used to be taught by the missionaries a long time ago except he´d been dropped by them because he hadn't been progressing. However, when we talked to him he was so ready to start making a goal towards baptism and he´s such a great guy. His name is Mano and he´s 67. He´s a pretty lively man who loves animal programs and has a big heart. I can already see that he´s willing to make a commitment and that makes me so happy. 


Anyways, something I started to realise this week as I´ve been working is that I have gained now such a deep knowledge of how to overcome trials. I have learned to rely on the Lord. I now know what I need to do to overcome my trials. I know that I need to refocus on the Atonement every time. If I´m having a hard time then that is because the Lord wants me to be become better that I currently am. That means I need the Atonement. I need to use it to become someone that is able to handle the trial. I also need to focus on my motivation. It´s all well and good to know that I need to use the Atonement but if I don´t want to become someone better, then I´m much less likely to use it´s enabling power. So I look at who I love. My family, my friends, my companions and my Savior. I gain strength to be better because I want to be better for them. And then I pray. I pray a ton. I pray to Him as if it all depends on Him. As if the outcome of my situation is in His hands. And then I work. I work a butt-load. I work as if the only way to succeed is by my own efforts, all the while remembering the One who gave me this ability to work. 
The trial itself isn't hard. If you were better than you currently are, it wouldn't faze you. The steps you take to become better to then face this trial, that´s what gets you. The work you do to better the person you are, that´s what takes effort, and that´s the real trial. 

Sorry but this week, wasn´t too eventful at least, in a way that I can say right now. For the most part we had a lot of appointments that were pretty weird and I think I´ll leave those for some other time. ;)

Love you guys!!!
Elder Serra


Some photos, courtesy of Elder Shaw:


Beautiful on the bus.


Elder Serra now has the award for, "Worst Picture Taken of Me Holding a Cat."


 The city is getting excited for Carnival.



A man in our ward makes knives. Basically the most metal hobby of all time. \m/ Look how cool these things are!

No comments:

Post a Comment